«Youth Cooperation Center of Dilijan” NGO under the leadership of “Compass” Research, Educational-Consulting Center “NGO and “NGO Center “CSD NGO and “Information Systems Development and Training Center “.
In partnership with the NGO, it is implementing the “Participatory Monitoring for Smart Community Building in Armenia” project in the area of a grant provided by the “Constructive Dialogue Commitment” Program, run through a consortium led by the Armenian Bar Association.
The aim of the project is to contribute to the improvement of the quality of services provided by local self-government bodies in the enlarged communities of Shirak, Lori, and Tavush regions through advocacy for the improvement of the public policy of the sector, implementation of monitoring.
The territorial coverage of the project implementation covers the three regions of the Republic of Armenia: Shirak, Lori, and Tavush. The enlarged communities of Akhuryan-Ashotsk, Stepanavan-Tumanyan, Ijevan-Noyemberyan were included from the three regions. Several project activities will be carried out in Yerevan in connection with the project expertise and technical assistance.
- Identify the population’s assessment of the effectiveness of the services provided by the 6 municipalities of the target communities of the three regions intra-community roads and street maintenance, operation and repair, garbage collection sanitation, and intra-community street lighting services.
- Analyze the effectiveness of budget funds of the target communities through participatory monitoring.
- Support the introduction of more effective public service mechanisms provided by the target municipalities;
- Increase the participation of the population in the field of public administration, ensuring the effective implementation of reforms.
- Formation of the working group, organization of press conference on the project launching
- Training of resident-monitors
- Conducting surveys among the residents of 6 communities of 3 regions Analysis of the results
- Inquiries from local governments
- Formation of coalition
- Discussions in 3 regions with “Town Hall” format
- Conducting an expert workshop with “Chatham House” format in Gyumri
- Publication of a comprehensive report on the results of participatory monitoring
- Creation of a new section on the official websites of the selected 6 communities
- Advocacy, dissemination, advocacy of project results
- Project summary, organization of a closing event.
- A package of recommendations for CSOs, citizens and Comprehensive survey with local government on services provided in the selected 3 areas;
- Advocacy for sector issues and proposals for their solution by bringing together different stakeholders at local and national levels
- Increase participation and transparency tools on community websites.
- Ongoing activities of the Community Development and Participatory Governance Coalition.